KAC opens its doors for a Holiday Art Market and Open House on Saturday, December 5th, from 10am to 7pm. Join us for an annual favorite holiday tradition, with opportunities to:
- Get your holiday shopping done early this year during a one-day Art Market featuring the work of over 50 local artists and KAC students! Pick from a variety of one-of-a-kind selections including pottery, paintings, prints, jewelry and more. (10am-7pm)
- Watch the magic of art-making during Live Printmaking and Raku Firing Demonstrations! All ages welcome, participation invited. 11am- 6pm.
- Marvel at the creations made by the masters before your eyes during the "Cropped" Competition. Four KAC all-star artists will battle it out on the easels during this 3-round competition. Each round, after making works of art utilizing unexpected mystery items, one competitor will get "cropped" until the final artist stands to be named the ultimate "Cropped" Champion. Begins at 5pm.
- Get creative with your family at a Craft and Activities Table. Guided by a KAC instructor, children (and adults) will get to partake in holiday crafting activities.(11am-3pm)
- Enjoy a selection of crepes sold from the Crisp Creperie food truck or delicious mulled wine and cider.
- Get your chance to register for Winter Art Classes (ages 2 to 102 - beginning through advanced).
- Tour the historic 121 year old Peter Kirk Building. Completed in 1892 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Peter Kirk Building exemplifies commercial Victorian-era architecture, and is one of the last vestiges of the man for whom the City was named.
Event is free to the public and there is plenty of free street parking.
For more info. go here.