Here is a list of cooling stations courtesy of King5.com. They recommend calling ahead to make sure a/c is on, etc. before you head over to any of these locations.
" With temperatures in the Puget Sound area expected to hit the 90s this week, some cities and counties are offering air-conditioned facilities where people can get away from the heat. Heat waves can be dangerous for vulnerable people, such as the elderly, the very young, or those with other medical conditions that could lead to heat stroke or other problems.
This list will be updated as information becomes available. Check with your local government office for more locations and information.
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Watch for Seattle and surrounding areas from Friday afternoon through late Saturday night. Here's a look at public spaces that may be used by residents to stay cool in the high temperatures.
The following Seattle Public Library locations are equipped with air conditioning, and serve as cooling centers when the area experiences extreme heat. Please call the individual location before you go for open hours and to verify that the air conditioning is working. "
- Central Library (1000 4th Ave) - 206-386-4636
- Ballard (5614 22nd Ave NW) - 206-684-4089
- Beacon Hill (2821 Beacon Ave S) - 206-684-4711
- Broadview (12755 Greenwood Ave N) - 206-684-7519
- Capitol Hill (425 Harvard Ave E) - 206-684-4715
- Delridge (5423 Delridge Way SW) - 206-733-9125
- Douglass-Truth (2300 E Yesler Way) - 206-684-4704
- Greenwood (8016 Greenwood Ave N) - 206-684-4086
- High Point (3411 SW Raymond St) - 206-684-7454
- International District / Chinatown (713 8th Ave S) - 206-386-1300
- Lake City (12501 28th Ave NE) - 206-684-7518
- Madrona-Sally Goldmark (1134 33rd Ave) - 206-684-4705
- Magnolia (2801 34th Ave W) - 206-386-4225
- New Holly (7058 32nd Ave S) - 206-386-1905
- Northgate (10548 5th Ave NE) - 206-386-1980
- Rainier Beach (9125 Rainier Ave S) - 206-386-1906
- South Park (8604 8th Ave S) - 206-615-1688
- Wallingford (1501 N 45th St) - 206-684-4088
Seattle Center (View the campus map PDF) – 206-684-7200
- Seattle Center Armory (Open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- International Fountain
- Fountain of Creation (Dupen Fountain)
The following senior centers have air conditioning or are relatively cool and are open to the public:
- Greenwood Senior Center (525 N. 8th Street)
- International Drop-In Center (7301 Beacon Ave S.)
- Pike Market Senior Center and Food Bank (85 Pike St, #200)
- Ballard NW Senior Center (5429 32nd Ave NW)
- Southeast Seattle Senior Center (4655 South Holly St)
- The Senior Center of West Seattle (4217 SW Oregon St)
- South Park Senior Center (8201 10th Ave S)
- Wallingford Community Senior Center (4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Suite 140)
- The Central (500 30th Ave S)
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service Senior Center (3639 Martin Luther King Way S.)
- Sunshine Garden Chinese Senior Community Center (611 S. Lane St.) housed in the Chinese Information and Service Center
For more info. and to see info. on other locations go here.