" Explore what it means to be a global citizen, here and around the world at the first-ever Global Citizen Day – a FREE public event open to all – boys, girls, and families of all ages!
Discover how women and girls are transforming the world, participate in hands-on activities and hear from inspiring leaders, creators, advocates, and problem solvers to spark ideas for positive change.
Global Citizen Day highlights:
• Appearances by Raya, the newest member of the Sesame Street family, and photo opportunities with Grover from Sesame Street Workshop
• Hands-on activities that explore how to keep moms and new babies healthy
• Youth empowerment selfie booth
• Design your own global citizen puppet and t-shirt.
• Check out the Visitor Center’s interactive exhibits
Plus get connected and meet these other fantastic organizations!
• 10:45 am: Inspirational Speaker Series: Camille McDorman - refugee worker, human rights advocate, law student
• 11:30 am: Raya
• 12 pm: Youth Speakers Series: Life Enrichment Group-Young Queens, Eastside GirlUp, Lake Washington Girls Middle School and Kids in Medicine
• 1 pm: Raya
Activities and organizations available 10-3:
• Girl UP–Are you UP for the challenge millions of girls face every day in just getting water?
• Girls Can Do–How will you change the world in the future? Share your goal in our selfie booth.
• Heifer International–Discover amazing women and girls working to transform their lives, and enjoy storytime with Flora and the Runaway Rooster.
• Kids in Medicine–Get hands on with how to keep moms and babies healthy
• Northwest Girls Coalition–Match yourself up with incredible local organizations working with and for girls in our community.
• Project Girl Mentoring Program–What are your best qualities? Share them with the world at the affirmation station.
• Sesame Workshop/ Sesame Street–Enjoy appearances by Raya at 11:30 and 1, and meet her friend Grover throughout the day.
• UNICEF–Explore how simple it can be to save lives and stay healthy, take home many ideas to make a difference.
• YWCA’s GirlsFirst–Find out about equity in education and sign up to help with the YWCA Schools Days donation drive all summer long. "
Food for Purchase available from these great vendors during lunchtime:
• Biscuit Box
• No Bones About It
• Seattle Pops
• Street Treats
For more info. go here.