Monday, June 4, 2012

Photos from the Jr. League of Seattle's Touch-a-Truck 2012 event at Magnuson Park!


Did you go to the Touch-a-Truck event at Magnuson Park? I got to stay home and recuperate from this cold/flu thing and my husband got to take our son to the event! They had a blast!

This year our son, C, checked out the Caterpillar skid steer loader, a bulldozer from EVERY angle, a RapidRide city bus, a cement mixer, a fire engine, a crane (in motion), a bucket truck, an ambulance and more and even got to "test drive" a new Audi!  See photos below. All images courtesy of my husband! ;-)


My son "driving" the loader. I love that the little boy in the back is "riding" the excavator!






 
Kids checking out the bulldozer from the inside.









My husband said the event was mobbed - He wasn't kidding!













     




Huge cranes!







 
Testing out the RapidRide city bus!







 

 

Kids playing with the toy trucks (in between looking at the real trucks) at the nearby Junior League of Seattle Children's Playground. 

                 







Audi "Test Drive" - I love how his feet barely reach off the seat!








And some sugary fun too!

                                               
                                            




End of a fun and BUSY event!





8 comments:

  1. Looks like C had loads of fun! Well, seeing big trucks, tractors and cars while eating some yummy ice cream will definitely make your day! And his picture on the loader looks cute. He seems capable of handling the machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he had a blast! If he could have he would have tried to drive it! ;-)

      Delete
  2. My boys love going to events like this. Just like the other kids, they get fascinated with huge trucks especially bulldozers. The second photo was amazing. It's a great chance for kids to see and explore the giant. Well, that's a rare but nice opportunity for them because they can't go near a bulldozer when they see it in an actual road operation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patria - That is true! Since it is becoming quite a popular event I hope there will be at least 3 this year! As I hear about them, I will post them!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing event! We often see those bulky trucks on super highways or some construction sites; which make them scary, yet at the same time interesting for kids. With this event, kids were able to get near them without getting hurt because they’re just displayed. At the very least, they were able to experience how is it like inside those giants. Cheers!

    Jonathan Carroll @ Bucket Trucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan Carol - I just saw this but you are right! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. Truck Rental

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. f150 tonneau cover

    ReplyDelete